Today we will discuss “how to recover unsaved word documents”. many of us experience errors when writing, where we immediately close the word document without saving it first. Did you experience it? This is really very disappointing. Whether the document will be lost and cannot be retrieved or can still be saved. Such is the possibility that arises in our heads when experiencing this.
If you experience a problem like this, take it easy and don’t worry. Take a deep breath and follow these steps about how to recover unsaved word document. This method applies to those of you who use Microsoft Word 2010, Word 2013 and Word 2016.
Also read: How To Delete Twitter Account Permanently
1. Click the File tab/Manage Documents.
2. Next, click on the Manage document button.
3. From the drop-down list, please click on “Recover Unsaved Documents”.
4. The open dialog box will display some or a list of unsaved recoverable Word documents. Now, select the Word document that you want to restore and click the “open” button.
5. the word document that you have recovered appears with a warning on the top that recommends you save it.
6. Now click the “Save As” button and save your word document.
7. Ok, until here you can recover word documents that are not stored and of course you can now save them.
Closing the latest change word document without saving it
Besides forgetting to save word documents like above, there are other similar cases that occur. When you change a word document or update the writing on an old document, then you forget to save the changes. Of course, this makes you panic right!
Don’t worry, Microsoft Word will help you to return to the documents that you haven’t saved for the last 10 minutes. But you can change this time, you can set 10 minutes, 2 minutes or according to your taste.
Here’s how to view the unsaved word documents.
- Click the File tab/Manage Documents.
- Click on the latest autosave version to recover the last updated document, after opening don’t forget to save your document file.
How to Change the Save AutoRecover Information Time
So, because Microsoft only opens updated documents for the last ten minutes, you can change the time with the number you want. The default time is 10 minutes.
1. Click the File tab/Options.
2. Then click the “save” option located on the left.
Change the minutes to your liking for how long the word will save the recoverable version of your document. Good luck